caustik's blog

programming and music

August 2009 Classic Breaks Mix

with 9 comments

Alright folks,

If you love breaks, or if you haven’t yet found that you do, bite into this — the Royale with cheese of mixburgers! :)

01) Nick Thayer – Scrambler (Original Mix) [Passenger]
02) Far Too Loud – Shredder (Original Mix) [Funkatech Records]
03) Ctrl Z – The Tunnel VIP feat. Screwface (Original Mix) [Hardcore Beats]
04) Hyper – We Control (Original Mix) [Kilowatt Records]
05) Dopamine – Hold You (Original Mix) [TCR]
06) Rob Le Pitch – Twisted (Tom Real and Rogue Element Remix) [Passenger]
07) Alex Dolby – Hazy Way (Evil Nine Remix) [Mantra Vibes]
08) The Breakfastaz – The Pressure (Aquasky Mix) [Passenger]
09) Meat Katie – NuTron (Original Mix) [LOT49]

[ Download MP3 ]

Written by caustik

August 23rd, 2009 at 1:45 am

9 Responses to 'August 2009 Classic Breaks Mix'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'August 2009 Classic Breaks Mix'.

1. Ah, gotta love breaks. I really enjoyed your Breaks Pulse, and now this! Great songs!

I’ve gone through your whole blog and downloaded/listened to nearly all of your mixes. What are some other blogs that feature mixes in the same way you do (electronic music)? I simply can’t get enough!

Ian

29 Aug 09 at 5:31 pm

2. Hey Ian – thx for listening, glad you got some enjoyment out of the mixes.

My favorite site for mixes is hybridized.org — the featured artists (Hybrid, Jody Wisternoff, Shiloh, Micah, etc) are really incredible. For breaks mixes, I recommend older Hybrid mixes. Their new stuff is great, too, but they used to spin lots of great breaks.

caustik

29 Aug 09 at 5:56 pm

3. Ah, Hybrid. I’m pretty familiar with them. When you mean their older mixes, are you talking about the songs on Wide(r) Angle? Songs like Kill City, Beachcoma, If I Survive, etc definitely fit the description.

Anyway, I better check out Hybridized.org!

Ian

1 Sep 09 at 12:25 pm

4. Their tracks are great, too, but I’m referring to the DJ mixes hosted on hybridized.org. My old favorites are BBC 6 Mix, Ministry of Sound, Avalon Coast 2 Coast, DJ set at buzz… :) — those mixes have some of their own tracks in them, but also awesome breaks by other artists.

caustik

1 Sep 09 at 5:38 pm

5. Cool, gotta check those out!

Ian

4 Sep 09 at 9:56 pm

6. Great stuff, thanks!
    I’m also going to go through the rest of your blog now ;p

shuffle2

22 Oct 09 at 9:49 am

7. this is fucking awesome, keep doing what you are doing

hello

23 Oct 09 at 11:35 pm

8. Great songs!
    Has added your blog in bookmarks.

keval

29 Nov 09 at 5:15 am

9. Hi! I love this style.
    Thanks founders for a good resource!

John